In addition to preparing yourself physically, you need to prepare yourself mentally. The following are some of the most difficult questions you will face in the course of your job interview questions and answers.

Some questions may seem rather simple on the surfacesuch as Tell me about yourself but these questions can have a variety of answers.
The more open ended the question, the wider the variation in the answers. Others are classic interview questions and answers, such as What is your greatest weakness? Questions most people answer improperly.

In this case, the standard textbook answer for the greatest weakness question is to provide a veiled positive such as: I work too much. I just work and work and work.
The following answers are provided to give you a new perspective on how to answer tough interview questions.

Answer the questions behaviorally, with specific examples that show that clear evidence backs up what you are saying about yourself.

Tell me about yourself.
It seems like an easy interview question. So as you answer this question, talk about what youve done to prepare yourself to be the very best candidate for the position.

Why should I hire you?
I am passionately committed to producing truly world class results.

What is your long-range objective?
Make my job easy for me.

How has your education prepared you for your career?
Focus on behavioral examples supporting the key competencies for the career.

Are you a team player?
Almost everyone says yes to this question. A sample answer: Yes, Im very much a team player. In fact, Ive had opportunities in my work, school and athletics to develop my skills as a team player. Emphasize teamwork behavioral examples and focus on your openness to diversity of backgrounds.

Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How was it resolved?
Note that if you say no, most interviewers will keep drilling deeper to find a conflict. Focus your answer on the behavioral process for resolving the conflict and working collaboratively.

What is your greatest weakness?
Most career books tell you to select a strength and present it as a weakness. Such as: I work too much. I just work and work and work. Second, it misses the point of the question. You should select a weakness that you have been actively working to overcome.

If I were to ask your professors to describe you, what would they say?
Do not wait for the interview to know the answer. Then you can answer the question like this:
I believe she would say I'm a very energetic person, that Im results oriented and one of the best people she has ever worked with.

May I show you her letter of recommendation?
So be prepared in advance with your letters of recommendation.

What qualities do you feel a successful manager should have?
Focus on two words: leadership and vision.

If you had to live your life over again, what one thing would you change?
Focus on a key turning point in your life or missed opportunity.

In reviewing these responses, please remember that they are only to be viewed samples. Please do not rehearse them verbatim or adopt them as your own. They are meant to stir your creative juices and get you thinking about how to properly answer the broader range of questions that you will face.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I read this post two times.

    I like it so much, please try to keep posting.

    Let me introduce other material that may be good for our community.

    Source: Difficult interview questions

    Best regards
    Henry

    ReplyDelete

Silahkan berikan komentar anda tentang tulisan saya.
Terima kasih.